NOTICE TO ALABAMA LAWYERS ASSOCIATION (ALA) MEMBERS
THE 2014 ALA ANNUAL MEETING & RETREAT, HALL OF FAM GALA
ELECTION OF OFFICERS
The 2014 Annual Meeting & Retreat (AMR) is fast approaching. The meeting will be held May 29 – June 1st at the beautiful Sandestin Golf & Beach Resort in Sandestin, FL. We hope you will join us for the Annual Meeting & Retreat. If you have not already done so, you can view the Annual Meeting & Retreat brochure and register online at www.ala-lawyers.org.
The benefits of attending the 2014 Annual Meeting & Conference are:
- Hot Topic CLEs geared to address the unique challenges and issues faced by legal professionals
- Network with Alabama’s top African American lawyers and judges
- Attend the Alabama Lawyers Association Hall of Fame Dinner & Gala – a Black Tie event onMay 31st honoring lawyers who have practiced for 25 years or more and have made significant contributions to the legal profession. The 2014 honorees are: Honorable J. Richmond Pearson, J. Mason Davis, the late J. L. Chestnut, Jr., Vernon Z.. Crawford, and the Honorable Michael A. Figures.
- Visit the Alabama Lawyers Association Exhibit Hall with exhibitors providing unique products and services for your business and personal use
- Support the Alabama Lawyers Association and the Law Student Programs
See the below contact persons for AMR matters:
Event Space, Exhibit Hall, and Housing – Bonita Conley at email@example.com or
Book online: http://www.Sandestin.com/23525A.aspx
Sandestin® Group Reservations
The ALA Code: 23525A
Payment Matters or Registration – LaKesha Shahid at firstname.lastname@example.org
CLEs – Marcus Maples at email@example.com
Necrology: Please provide the names of deceased members since last year 2013 AMR to: Latisha Davis at firstname.lastname@example.org, Stephanie Hunter at email@example.com, Danielle Mason at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Alabama Lawyers Association Nomination Committee is now accepting applications for Elections. Please complete the attached Leadership Interest Form if you are interested in an officer or director position. The deadline is May 16, 2014. The Elections will be held at our Annual Business Meeting scheduled for May 31, 2014 at 12:00pm – 1:30pm.. Do not hesitate to contact Mark Debro, Nomination Committee Chair, Northern District at email@example.com if you have any questions. The members appointed to the Nomination committee are Karen Mastin Laneaux, Middle District and Honorable Shelbonnie Coleman-Hall, Southern District.
Thank you for being members of ALA and for helping us to provide opportunities to law students and “protect the civil and political rights of all citizens”!
Carthenia Jefferson, RN, Esq.
President, Alabama Lawyers Association
P. O. Box 13636
Birmingham, Alabama 35202
Join the Alabama Lawyers Association at the Annual Meeting & Retreat, May 29 – June 1, 2014 at the beautiful Sandestin Golf & Beach Resort in Sandestin, Florida. Visit the Alabama Lawyers Association website at www.ala-lawyers.org for more information.