NOTICE TO ALABAMA LAWYERS ASSOCIATION MEMBERS
2014 ALA ANNUAL MEETING & RETREAT
NOMINATION AND ELECTION OF OFFICERS
The 2014 Annual Meeting & Retreat (AMR) is fast approaching. The meeting will be held May 29 – June 1st at the Sandestin Golf & Beach Resort in Sandestin, FL. The deadline for regular registration and housing accommodation at the ALA rate is April 29, 2014. We hope you will join us for the Annual Meeting & Retreat. If you have not already done so, you can view the Annual Meeting & Retreat brochure and register online at www.ala-lawyers.org.
The benefits of attending the 2014 Annual Meeting & Conference are:
- Hot Topic CLEs geared to address the unique challenges and issues faced by legal professionals
- Network with Alabama’s top African American lawyers and judges
- Attend the Alabama Lawyers Association Hall of Fame Dinner & Gala – a Black Tie event on May 31st honoring lawyers who have practiced for 25 years or more and have made significant contributions to the legal profession.The 2014 honorees are: Honorable J. Richmond Pearson, J. Mason Davis, the late J. L. Chestnut, Jr., Vernon Z.. Crawford, and the Honorable Michael A. Figures.
- Visit the Alabama Lawyers Association Exhibit Hall with exhibitors providing unique products and services for your business and personal use
- Support the Alabama Lawyers Association and the Law Student Programs
See the below contact persons for AMR matters:
Event Space, Exhibit Hall, and Housing – Bonita Conley at firstname.lastname@example.org or
Book online: http://www.Sandestin.com/23525A.aspx
Sandestin® Group Reservations
Call 800.320.8115 or Fax: 850.267.8221
The ALA Code: 23525A
CLEs – Marcus Maples at email@example.com
The Alabama Lawyers Association (ALA) Nomination Committee is now accepting applications for Elections. The deadline is May 16, 2014. CLICK HERE to download the ALA Nomination Process and Election Application. The Elections will be held at our Annual Business Meeting scheduled for May 31, 2014 at 12:00pm – 1:30pm. Do not hesitate to contact Mark Debro, Nomination Committee Chair at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions. The members appointed to the elections committee are Karen Mastin Laneaux, Middle District and Honorable Shelbonnie Coleman-Hall, Southern District.
Thank you for being members of ALA and helping us to provide opportunities and “protect the civil and political rights of all citizens” as per our mission statement.
Carthenia Jefferson, RN, Esq.
President, Alabama Lawyers Association