Dear Members & Supporters,
The 2014 Annual Meeting & Retreat (AMR) is fast approaching. The meeting will be held May 29 – June 1st at the beautiful Sandestin Golf & Beach Resort in Miramar Beach, FL. We hope you will join us for the Annual Meeting & Retreat. If you have not already done so, you can view the Annual Meeting & Retreat brochure and register online at www.ala-lawyers.org.
The benefits of attending the 2014 Annual Meeting & Retreat are:
- Hot Topic CLEs geared to address the unique challenges and issues faced by legal professionals
- Network with Alabama’s top African American Lawyers
- Come relax and bring the family to enjoy good food, fun and the festivities
- Attend the Alabama Lawyers Association Judicial Reception and network with Alabama’s top African American Judges, May 31st, 6:00PM
- Attend the Alabama Lawyers Association Hall of Fame Dinner & Gala – a Black Tie event onMay 31st, 7:00PM honoring lawyers who have practiced for 25 years or more and have made significant contributions to the legal profession. The 2014 honorees are: Honorable J. Richmond Pearson, J. Mason Davis, Jr. the late J. L. Chestnut, Jr., Vernon Z.. Crawford, and the Honorable Michael A. Figures.
- Visit the Alabama Lawyers Association Exhibit Hall with exhibitors providing unique products and services for your business and personal use
- Support the Alabama Lawyers Association and the Law Student Programs
The Annual Meeting General Business Session (members only) will be held on Saturday, May 31, 2014, 12:00pm – 1:30pm at the Baytowne Wharf Conference Center, Magnolia Ballroom F, Sandestin Golf & Beach Resort, 9300 Emerald Coast Parkway, Miramar Beach, Florida 32550.
If you are not a member of ALA, we encourage you to join and empower us to help Make a Big Difference by providingMore Opportunities to lawyers, law students and the community. Go to our website www.ala-lawyers.org. and join online.
Thank you for supporting ALA and for helping us to provide opportunities to lawyers, law students, the community and “protect the civil and political rights of all citizens”!
Carthenia Jefferson, RN, Esq.
President, Alabama Lawyers Association
P. O. Box 13636
Birmingham, Alabama 35202
Join the Alabama Lawyers Association at the Annual Meeting & Retreat, May 29 – June 1, 2014 at the beautiful Sandestin Golf & Beach Resort in Miramar Beach, Florida. Visit the Alabama Lawyers Association website at www.ala-lawyers.org for more information.