(1) The Alabama Lawyers Association’s website is intended to be visited both by its members and the public and to be a source of general information composed of the content at this website and at other sites to which this website is linked, directly or via one or more intermediary links (the “Information”).
THIS WEBSITE AND THE INFORMATION, SOFTWARE AND OTHER MATERIAL AVAILABLE ON OR ACCESSIBLE FROM THIS WEBSITE IS PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED.
Due to the rapidly changing nature of the law, the reliance on information provided by outside sources and the risks inherent for all users of the Internet, the Association makes no promise, warranty, representation or guarantee concerning the accuracy, currency, validity, suitability, quality or reliability of the Information or that the Information is correct, complete, and up-to-date. The Association does not warrant or represent that the website service will be uninterrupted or error free or that any Information, software or other material available on or accessible through the website is free of viruses, worms, trojan horses or other harmful component or contaminating or destructive element or entity. We emphasize that it is your sole responsibility to assure that, if any downloads are contaminated or infected, they will not damage your computer system or network or information stored in your system or network. The Association is not liable to anyone for any delays, inaccuracies, errors or omissions with respect to any Information obtained from this website or from the transmission or delivery of all or part of that Information or for any damage resulting from that Information or its use. In amplification, any software obtained from or through use of this website is without warranties of any kind, express or implied, including but not limited to warranties of title, noninfringement, implied warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
(2) This website is not intended to be, AND MUST NOT BE CONSIDERED AS , a source of legal advice. The transmission of Information from this website to you, the reader, is not intended to create, nor does it create, an attorney-client relationship between the Association, or any attorney who has contributed content or services to the establishment or maintenance of the website, and you. Therefore, you, the reader, should not rely on Information provided herein; instead, if and when you face a specific legal situation, you should conduct independent inquiries with competent counsel in your home state to determine your legal rights and duties. Regarding attorneys using the website, you remain solely responsible for protecting the interests of your clients in connection with any communication by means of this website.
(3) The Alabama Lawyers Association provides hyperlinks to other sites which may be of interest to its members or the public. The Association does not maintain such linked sites and is not responsible for the content of any linked site. Because of this and the inability of the Association’s staff and members to monitor the content, the Association is not responsible for any changes in content of the linked sites which may be offensive, harmful or illegal but would appreciate e-mail advising that any linked site has become inappropriate to be linked. The Association does not (a) make any representation or warranty, express or implied, with respect to the use of the links provided, (b) guarantee the accuracy, completeness, usefulness or adequacy of any resources, Information, apparatus, product, or process available at or from any such website; or (c) intend such links to be referrals, recommendations or endorsements of any linked site’s sponsoring entity or entities or any product or service referred to on any linked site. Furthermore, the Association does not endorse or approve any lawyer referral service that is not properly registered with the Alabama State Bar.
(4) The Alabama Lawyers Association grants link permission to any entity whose web material is not in violation of any local, state, or federal law, or any Alabama State Bar rule, regulation, or policy, and may in its discretion request any entity linking to this website to remove its link. The Association will gladly remove any link from this website upon request from the linked entity; this website is not sponsored or associated with any particular linked entity unless stated so by that entity; and the existence of any particular link is simply intended to imply potential interest to the members and other readers. Reader feedback regarding linked sites will be considered in due course but no promise is made that the action recommended by the reader will be taken in a timely fashion or at all.
(5) Any unauthorized downloading and distribution of copyrighted material from this website or the sites to which it is directly or indirectly linked, without applicable copyright owner’s permission, is strictly prohibited.
(6) Under no circumstances shall the Alabama Lawyers Association, its employees, its members, contributors to its website or its Internet Service Provider be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, punitive or consequential damages that result in any way from your use or inability to use this website or your reliance on or use of Information, services or merchandise provided on or through this website or that result from the mistakes, omissions, interruptions, deletion of files, errors, defects, delays in operation or transmission, or any failure of performance. You agree to DEFEND, INDEMNIFY AND HOLD HARMESS The Alabama Lawyers Association, its employees, its members, the contributors to its website and its Internet Service Provider from any liabilities, costs and expenses, including without limitation reasonable attorney’s fees and disbursements, the cost of appeals and supersedeas bonds, related to any violation of these terms and conditions by you, including without limitation, your claim, suit or action constituting any challenge to or dispute of the validity and enforceability of the Association’s disclaimers and other statements and agreements binding on you as contained in these seven paragraphs.
(7) Any reference obtained from this website to a specific product, process, or service does not constitute or imply an endorsement by Alabama Lawyers Association or its Officers and/or Board of Directors of the product, process, or service, or its producer or provider. The views and opinions expressed in any referenced document do not necessarily state or reflect those of the Alabama Lawyers Association or its Officers and/or Board of Directors.
(8) These foregoing provisions incorporate by reference any notices contained on this website and, together with this paragraph (8), constitute the entire agreement with respect to your access to and use of this website. If any clause, phrase, sentence or other term or provision of these eight enumerated paragraphs is unlawful, void or unenforceable in any given context or circumstance, then (i) that particular clause, phrase, sentence, term or provision shall be deemed severable from the remaining provisions and shall not affect their validity and enforceability and (ii) the entire text of the eight paragraphs shall remain valid and enforceable in any other context or circumstance. These provisions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Alabama, USA , as they apply to agreements made and solely performed therein, other than laws regarding choice of law. Disputes arising hereunder shall be exclusively subject to the jurisdiction of the Federal Courts of the United States of America and/or the State Courts of Alabama and jurisdiction therefore shall rest solely in Alabama, USA. The Association may change by addition, deletion, or modification any of the content of this website at any time without notice, including without limitation any provision of this and the seven preceding paragraphs.